Most books on Responsive Web Design (RWD) say the same set of things. I’m willing to bet there’s more to the story than these books are letting on.
- Use relative measurements in CSS, percentages and ems. EMs are relative. they’re based on a simple equation target size ÷ base size = relative size
- Declare images to be 100% of the div their contained in.
- Establish media queries to change things at different screen sizes
- Save bitmap images to be sensitive to retina display (for my money that’s 326 ppi)
- Minify your code
- Remember that the iPhone isn’t your only viewport